Electric boards typically weigh a lot more than a traditional skateboard due to the additional materials in their construction. The Acton Blink Lite, however, has a light weight and claims to be the world’s lightest electric board.
This board may be just what you need to get on the move without the extra hassle of unnecessary weight.
The skateboard also features a low-maintenance hub motor that is powered by a lithium-ion battery. The design is pretty nice for such a low-priced board and provides a reliable transportation option.
This skateboard can be an excellent choice for recreation or when going to school or work . The board also has a great value and comes in at a low price considering all of the features that are included in the product.
The skateboard weighs very little for an electric board at just 7.7 lbs. The skateboard has just the features you expect from a board like this while also weighing much less than the alternatives of its kind.
The drawback to this lightweight board, however, is that the board fails to offer as much speed or range as other electric boards on the market.
One charge will allow you to ride the skateboard for 5 miles, which is pretty low. The top speed of the board is 10 mph, which could also use some improvement.
Despite the lightweight, the skateboard still has an acceptable weight limit at 180 lbs. Heavier users will be unsatisfied by this board, however.
- Top Speed: 10 mph
- Range: 5 miles
- Weight Limit: 180 lbs
- Motor: Hub
The skateboard also does pretty well with hills and has ample climbing abilities. The product claims to be able to climb 4.6 degrees or an 8% grade. The lack of torque in the hub motor can make some climbs difficult, however.
The board also uses a regenerative braking system which uses less power than other options and is also considerably safer. The brakes even have the ability to charge up a bit of power when they are used.
Since the skateboard features a hub motor instead of a gear drive, it boasts little resistance while pushing and also provides for more quiet cruising abilities.
The Acton Blink Lite includes a small wireless remote that is very convenient and easy to use. It has a soft touch material coating that allows makes for a secure non-slip grip.
The Acton Blink Lite remote is a handheld device that connects with Bluetooth that you can easily control with your thumb. Using the remote, you can control acceleration, deceleration, and braking features.
The Acton app allows you to check your board’s battery level or look at your ranking in a social section. Using the app allows for a convenient way to check stats or change settings. The app is available for users on both iOS and Android.
- Great Value for the Included Features: The Acton Blink Lite has some great functionality and a good range of features for a relatively affordable price.
- Excellent App and Remote Features: The Acton app and the Bluetooth remote handset make for some great control features as well as the ability to view stats and connect with other users.
- Extremely Lightweight for an Electric Board: The weight of this board doesn’t disappoint, and is very lightweight for a board of this type.
- Smooth Acceleration Abilities: Acceleration is smooth and quiet thanks to this board’s hub motor.
- Easily Rideable Even With a Dead Battery: Luckily, the board can be used even if the battery goes out during use. This makes for some excellent and convenient functionality.
- Kid-Friendly Board: The low speed of 10 mph and the light weight of the board makes this product a great option for younger users.
- Hub Motor Means Little Maintenance: The hub motor allows for less maintenance than other motor options and eliminates the need to deal with frustrating belts.
- Battery Charges Very Quickly: The battery charges in 2hrs which allows for little wait time between rides.
- Excellent Power Usage and Battery Conservation: The hub motor is very efficient when it comes to power consumption, and the addition of regenerative brakes means that this board is great on power.
- Attractive and Functional Design: The design provides for a great retro look that many people will love.
- Limited Speed and Range: The speed and range are a good bit lower than other options, only reaching a range of 5 miles and a top speed of 10 mph.
- Torque Could Be Higher: Despite the good qualities of the hub motor, it fails to offer the same amount of torque as a belt motor. This can mean some difficulty when climbing hills.
- Braking is a Bit Abrupt: Braking can be a bit abrupt, which means the rider may struggle with stability at times.
- A Tendency to Get Stuck on Rocks and Cracks: The board features 70mm wheels which can have some risk of getting stuck on path elements such as rocks and cracks.
- Batteries Not Easily Switched: The ability to easily increase the range of the board by doing a quick battery swap is not an option on this board. The rechargeable battery can be a bit of a hassle to switch out.
- Great Value
- Excellent App and Remote Features
- Hub Motor
- Excellent Power Usage and Battery Conservation
- Attractive and Functional Design
- Limited Speed and Range
- Torque Could Be Higher
- Braking is a Bit Abrupt:
- A Tendency to Get Stuck on Rocks and Cracks
- Batteries Not Easily Switched