The Hellfire Genesis is a strong skateboard that has a lot of power and quick speed .
It is a pretty good value considering its capabilities and overall is a pretty decent electric-powered board.
It boasts quick speed and decent range capabilities that make it a board that you can probably get a lot of use out of. The range is somewhat decent, but it could be improved a lot and isn’t as great compared to other options on the market.
While it has a pretty adequate speed, the performance itself is somewhat limiting, and the skateboard has a tendency to struggle on steep hills.
The board also comes with a basic remote control that is wireless and allows for easy acceleration and braking possibilities. The motor is a very simple dual motor that has a lot of power.
Genesis Electric Skateboard vs Boosted Board
When looking for electric boards, many manufacturers are available. Many people end up seeing two brands come up often: Genesis and Boosted.
Skateboards made by the two companies seem to have a lot of similarities, but they are not as similar as they first appear. Below are some of the major differences between the two companies.
- Speed: Genesis skateboards and Boosted skateboards can both give some excellent top speeds. Most Boosted Boards provide between 18 mph and 22 mph. Many Genesis boards including the Hellfire Genesis claim speeds of up to 20 mph.
- Range: While Boosted Boards have a nice range per charge, Genesis boards have even better capabilities. Boosted skateboard models usually claim a max range of about 12-14 miles. Genesis electric boards such as the Hellfire have a range of 20 miles.
- Motor: Whereas Boosted Board’s use belt motors, Genesis products use hub motors, which are an improvement in many ways. The structure of hub motors allows for increased efficiency while also requiring less maintenance compared to the belt motors used by Boosted skateboards.
- Price: While you would think that Genesis’ improvements over Boosted boards as mentioned above would come with a heftier price tag, the opposite is true. Boosted skateboards typically cost over $1000. Most Genesis boards are available for less than $500, making them a great overall value.
The Hellfire can go for 20 mph and has a range of 20 miles before needing to recharge the battery . This is a pretty speedy board that is impressive for a board of its cost. The charging time for the battery is pretty quick, and usually, takes about 2.5 hours
The skateboard has a lithium-ion battery that is durable and lightweight. It recharges pretty quickly at 2.5 hours, but we do wish that the battery life was longer. We also wish that the board had a better range.
While the board claims 20 mph or more as the top speed, if going down hill it can be even more. Unfortunately, speeds will slow down somewhat if the battery is running low.
- Top Speed: 20 mph
- Range: 20 miles
- Weight Limit: 264 lbs
- Motor: 800w Dual outer-rotor brushless DC motor
The weight of the skateboard itself is 16.7 lbs, which is decent for an electric board of this type. The design did seem a bit clunky, and the weight seemed a little strangely placed, however. The board’s 90mm wheels allow for some increased stability.
There is a weight capacity of 264 lbs, which makes the board a great option for heavier users.
The Hellfire Genesis comes with a simple and easy to use wireless remote that allows you to control your board. The wireless remote is also very compact and easy to carry around.
Pressing back on the remote will apply the brakes while pressing forward will accelerate. The remote will take some getting used to, however, to discover how acceleration responds with the board.
The control has a pretty comfortable grip, and it works well to get the job done. The remote control is great for anybody who prefers simplicity over a lot of bells and whistles.
The remote also easily charges through the use of a USB port.
Want to see more boards? Be sure to check out the Best Electric Skateboards for Sale 2020.
- Rapid Acceleration: For those looking for a quick board that picks up the speed quickly, the Hellfire may be just what you’re looking for.
- Simple Wireless Remote: The skateboard’s remote is completely wireless and comes with a simple control system that allows you to accelerate and brake as needed with ease.
- High Top Speeds: The Hellfire Genesis skateboard has some pretty impressive top speeds for an electric board of its kind, and comes in at a whopping 20 mph.
- Durable, Lightweight Battery: The skateboard features a durable and lightweight lithium-ion battery that recharges fairly fast, at 2.5 hours
- Comes Fully Assembled: A great plus for this electric board is that it comes fully assembled. This means that there are no complicated setup procedures or risks of not getting the construction just right. You can use the board the day that it arrives.
- High Weight Capacity: This board stands out due to its high weight capacity of 264 lbs. For heavier riders, this is a huge plus and means that they will have the support that they need.
- Lightweight for an Electric Board: While the Hellfire Genesis is a bit on the heavy side compared to non-electric boards, at 16.5 lbs it is a pretty impressive weight compared to other electric alternatives.
- Tricky to Maneuver at Low Speeds: While this board boasts some excellent top speeds, handling can be a bit trickier when going at lower speeds.
- A Bit of a Learning Curve: Compared to other electric boards, the Hellfire does have a bit of a learning curve. It may be better suited for riders who already have a bit of experience under their belts.
- Battery Life Could Use Improvement