The Swagboard SG-1 is an electric board that is incredibly affordable and has a lot of power for a such a cheap electric skateboard.
Considering that many boards on the market today can cost over $1000, the Swagboard can be found for just a few hundred, making it a steal.
The board has some excellent construction and materials. It is made of maple wood and features premium grip tape that allows for more traction during rides. The skateboard also has durable polyurethane wheels that make for a smooth ride.
While both the top speeds and the range capabilities of this longboard don’t compare to more expensive options, the specs are pretty adequate for a board of this price. The board may be the perfect option for short rides to work or school.
The Swagboard also comes with a wireless remote to control the board and accelerate, brake, and easily control movements.
Swagtron, the company behind the skateboard, seems to take a lot of pride in their products and have put a lot of thought into the design of this skateboard. The board boasts some great safety features and certifications that help their product to stand out even more.
Additionally, the SG-1 also comes with a 1-year warranty . With this guarantee you can rest assured that if any part of the skateboard is found to be defective, the problem can be quickly resolved.
While the top speeds and range of the board aren’t impressive in comparison to more expensive boards, for a skateboard in this price range, it is pretty adequate.
The board can achieve top speeds of 11 mph. The skateboard has an advertised range of 10 miles, but as with any electric board, this can vary depending on use. The board has a 24V Li-On battery that powers the motorized wheels.
The hub motor provides some reliable power and has the plus of not having any belts. Hub motors require far less maintenance than typical belt motors and are considered much more efficient as well.
The weight limit of the board isn’t terrible, but it could be better. With a weight limit of just 176 lbs, heavier riders may be out of luck with this board and may need to go with a different option instead if they’re looking for a board to ride.
- Top Speed: 11 mph
- Range: 10 miles
- Weight Limit: 176 lbs
- Motor: Hub
While this Swagtron board comes with safety risks just like any skateboard or motorized vehicle, the company has taken precautions to ensure that their products are as safe as possible.
UL (Underwriter Laboratories) is a non-profit company that objectively examines the safety of products through various tests and inspections. The Swagboard is certified by UL, meaning that it meets all industry safety standards.
The battery on the product is considered very safe and utilizes patented SentryShield technology. SentryShield’s technology extends beyond the basic safety standards required of batteries. The technology boasts extra security and multilayered protection.
Swagtron obviously put a lot of thought into safety concerns when designing the Swagboard, and the company seems to be very proud of its UL certifications and the safety of their products.
The electric board includes a wireless remote that makes controlling the skateboard a total breeze. The remote easily pairs with the board and gives a lot of great options for acceleration, deceleration, and braking.
A great addition to this board’s control is that there is even a cruise control option for movement. With the cruise control, you can easily set your pace and maintain a constant speed. This is a pretty unique feature, that many people may love.
The remote also displays the speed and battery status, which is very helpful for knowing when it is time to recharge the skateboard.
- Affordably Priced: For the features and quality of this board, the board is well-priced and one of the best options in this price range when it comes to electric boards.
- 1 Year Warranty: With a 1-year warranty, you can rest assured that if anything goes wrong, your issue will be resolved quickly.
- High-Quality Design and Materials: The skateboard features a maple wood deck, durable shock-absorbing polyurethane wheels, and grip tape, perfect for a smooth and secure ride.
- Reliable Performance: Although the speed and range could use improvement, the board features some reliable performance due to its strong hub motor and Li-on battery.
- Nice Remote Control Features: The wireless remote does a great job of controlling the board and performing basic movements such as acceleration, deceleration, and braking. A nice addition is the cruise control feature.
- Safe to Ride: Due to its slower speeds, the board is very safe to ride compared to other electric boards. It has also been UL 2272 certified.
- Hub Motor: The skateboard’s hub motor allows for more efficiency than a belt motor while also requiring much less maintenance than other options.
- SentryShield Battery Technology: The SentryShield battery boasts additional safety that exceeds current industry standards.
- Low Top Speeds: For users looking to go faster, this board is pretty lacking compared to other electric boards. The board maxes out at just 11 mph, which may leave many riders less than satisfied.
- Range and Battery Life Could Be Better: In addition to top speeds, the battery life and range is also lacking compared to other electric boards. The range is advertised as 10 miles, but this will likely be even less for some riders depending on usage.
- Weight Limit Is Lacking: Although, better than some other options, the weight limit could stand some improvement. With a limit of 176 lbs, many users will have to look for a different choice.